In the past, if you had a cavity, you would probably have had it filled with an amalgam filling. These fillings are an unsightly silver-grey color, and can mar an otherwise perfectly good smile. On top of this, they drew concerns about potential health problems arising from the materials used to create the filling. This is why our Issaquah Dentist offers quality tooth-colored fillings to all of our cavity patients.
What are the advantages of tooth-colored fillings?
The tooth-colored fillings we use are made out of resins and porcelain, which offer many advantages over the older amalgam fillings. These advantages include the following:
- White fillings blend in with your natural tooth structure.
- Since the material is able to bond directly to your tooth structure, these fillings restore the strength of your tooth better than amalgam.
- A tooth with a white filling is less sensitive to heat or cold than a tooth restored with amalgam.
- When you have a tooth-colored filling installed, your dentist does not need to drill away as much of your natural tooth structure. In most cases, the hole made for a tooth-colored filling will be significantly smaller than that made for an amalgam filling. This makes the finished product all the stronger.
- There is no mercury in tooth-colored fillings.
For more information on tooth-colored fillings and whether they are the right choice for your cavity treatment, talk to Dr. Dipti. We serve patients from throughout the Issaquah and Sammamish area. Book an appointment online or call your dentist today at 425-369-9116.